Read the Gospel of John this week by reading 3 chapters each day. It's 21 chapters long, so if you do 3 chapters per day (even if you have to spread it out throughout the day), you'll read an entire book of the Bible in one week!Helpful Hack 1:
Download the Bible app on your phone or tablet if you don't already have it.Helpful Hack 2:
The team over at Bible Project
has some really helpful videos designed to help you better understand the books of the Bible, including John. Go to YouTube and simply search for "Bible Project, John" and watch the short intro video for John before you begin reading this week.For couples
- Read the Gospel of John this week by reading 3 chapters each day and then talk about it together over dinner or on the couch.
- If you have children under 2 - Read Galatians 5:22-26 over your child at bedtime this week and pray that God would build these things in your child's life.
- If you have children 3-9 - Read the Psalm that corresponds to today's date (for example, read Psalm 23 on January 23, etc.) and ask your child to listen for any words they don't know. Then, talk to them about that word or phrase.
- If you have an older child, encourage them to read the Gospel of John along with you.
- Our friends over at Bible Project just completed an incredibly helpful podcast series called The Paradigm designed to help you read and better understand the structure and the purpose of the Bible.
- Listen to the podcast series on iTunes, Spotify, or by going to bibleproject.com and clicking the "podcast" tab at the top.
It's a 12-part series, so it might take you a few weeks to get through it all, depending on how much time you have in a week to listen to podcasts.