Saturday, March 14, 9am - 9pm.
WHAT IS IT?
Jesus spent a lot of time talking about being Generous, but how does that apply to our life now in 2020? High school students are invited to join us for the day to learn about what Jesus says about generosity in the areas of relationships, time and money.
We will spend time learning, discussing in small groups, hands on application and serving to help us put being "generous" into practice.
OVERVIEW OF THE DAY
*NOTE: This is the first time we are hosting this event, so the schedule is set to change if needed.
Session 1 (WHY LIVE GENEROUSLY)
Session 2 (GENEROUS IN COMMUNITY)
Session 3 (GENEROUS WITH TIME)
hike in Harmon Canyon
Session 4 (GENEROUS WITH MONEY)
Serve Off Campus
WHY LIVE GENEROUSLY
· Counterfeit Gods By Tim Keller
· Faith for Exiles by David Kinnaman
· Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Pete Scazzero
· Living Generously Sermon at Bridgetown Church in Portland, Oregon
· The Art of Neighboring by Dave Runyon + Jay Pathak
· Practicing the Way Sermon Series at Bridgetown Church in Portland, Oregon
· Crazy Love by Francis Chan
· When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett + Brian Fikkert
· Radical by David Platt
· Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
· Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
· Reclaiming Conversation by Sherry Turkle
· Unhurrying with a Rule of Life Sermon Series at Bridgetown Church in Portland, Oregon
· Garden City by John Mark Comer
· Subversive Sabbath by AJ Swoboda
· Sabbath as Resistance by Walter Brueggemann
· Do our Devices Control More than we Think? Ted Talk by Tristan Harris
· Generous Sermon Series at Ventura Missionary
· The Graduate Survival Guide: 5 Mistakes You Cant Afford to Make in College by Anthony Oneil + Rachel Cruz
· Every Dollar app
· Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey
· Love your Life, not Theirs by Rachel Cruz
· Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown